Applications are invited for the position of:
Music Ministry Director Cathedral Parish of St Michael and St John
(recently created position)
- 12 month contract with an option of a further 12 months with favourable feedback and results.
- 18 hours per week (Two and a half days equivalent, flexible)
- This role will require availability on weekends and after hours.
The newly created role of Music Ministry Director is to support the existing members of the music ministry in the Cathedral Parish and foster the growth, formation and technical expertise of the music ministry.
The duties of the Music Ministry Director (MMD) are to be carried out in the spirit of collaboration with the Cathedral Parish Team.
- An understanding of Christian worship and the important role music has in enhancing liturgies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organise, participate in and at times lead meetings across the parish.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the parish with an extensive group of volunteers and parish workers to enhance the liturgy within the parish.
- Technical skills in maintaining, managing and utilising parish resources associated with music ministry.
- Competent personal musical skills, with the ability to either play an instrument, sing or experience conducting others.
- Experience in rostering, annual audits and report preparation.
- Skills in forming others to improve their own skillset.
- Ability to work with Parish Liturgy groups and the Dean of the Cathedral to carry out the parish’s vision of music ministry.
The position requires a current NSW Working with Children Check.
To apply please send your Resume and covering letter to:
PO Box 9,
Bathurst NSW 2795
For more information please contact Fr Paul Devitt, 6331 3066
Applications close 4.00pm, Thursday 13th April 2017