Numbers in Churches are now guided by the 4 sq. metre rule. The Assumption Church opens for private prayer between 9am and 3pm from Monday to Friday each week, and 9.00am to 11.00am on Saturdays and Sundays.
The church will be set up accordingly to meet the social distancing and infection control rules. Please ensure you adhere to social distancing practices
It is no longer necessary to book to attend Mass.
Mass times at The Assumption Church will be (Max 60 people):
Saturday 9.00am, 5.00pm
Sunday 8.00am, 10.00am, 6.00pm
CONFESSIONS: Saturday at 9.30am – 10.00am or by appointment
Mass will also be celebrated at:
Perthville (Max 30 People) 1st, 3rd & 5th Saturdays of the month 5pm
Wattle Flat (Max 20 People) 1st Saturdays of the month 9.30am
Rockley (Max 20 People) 2nd Saturdays of the month 9.30am
Burraga (Max 20 People) 4th Saturdays of the month 9.30am
- The Bishops’s formal dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass or parish Liturgy every Sunday still stands.
- The Cathedral will be closed until further notice as the restoration work continues on the interior and the exterior carpark and landscaping.
For Masses and Private Prayer – please complete the sign-in sheet in the foyer, recording the date, your name, and phone number.
- Limit of 50 worshippers at each Mass or for Private Prayer.
- Disinfect hands on entering and leaving the Church.
- To enable contact tracing in the event of a Coronavirus outbreak, please complete the sign-in sheet in the foyer, recording the date, your name, and your phone number.
- Practice Social Distancing – stay 1.5 metres (4 sq metres) apart.
- Please disinfect the seat before you leave the Church.
DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU:
- have any flu-like symptoms, a cold or you are feeling unwell in any way
- have a chronic medical condition
- have a compromised immune system
Bishop of Bathurst, Michael McKenna has called for churches to be included in the easing of COVID-19 restrictions in New South Wales next week.
With the NSW Government lessening the Covid-19 restrictions we are now able to reopen our Churches for Mass and Private Prayer for gatherings of 10 worshippers.
The celebration of all public Masses in the Diocese of Bathurst will cease from tomorrow, Saturday 21 March 2020.