The Cathedral Parish is a Catholic faith community centred on Bathurst NSW, Australia. It embraces people in the city of Bathurst and surrounding countryside and the towns and villages from Sofala and Wattle Flat to the north to Rockley and Burraga to the south.
The members of the community provide, or are involved in, many different endeavours in striving to live out the Good News of the Reign of God’s Love within our local community. The Word of God and our personal and communal prayer nurtures our spirituality that is then activated in our service of others in health and aged care, education, care of those in need and of the environment that sustains us, and the many diverse ways that ‘love of neighbour’ is lived out by members of the community.
Click to watch livestreamed Sunday Mass at 11.30am
With the easing of COVID19 restrictions, the Cathedral Parish Mass schedule will return to normal from this weekend. Mass will no longer be live-streamed from the Presbytery Chapel.
NOTE: THERE IS AN EXTRA SUNDAY MASS – 9AM, AT THE ASSUMPTION CHURCH
The Assumption Church (Max 60 people)
- RISE YOUTH FESTIVAL – RELOADED: RISE is back for 2020! This year it has been RELOADED to an online format! Find out more HERE
- MASS TIMES IN BATHURST RETURN TO THE REGULAR WEEKEND TIMETABLE: Find out more HERE
- REOPENING OF CHURCHES – STAGE THREE, FROM 1ST JULY 2020: Find out Mass Schedule and Regulations HERE
- BISHOPS CALL FOR A LIFT ON RESTRICTIONS: The NSW Government has announced a further easing of COVID-19 restrictions for hospitality venues and other businesses from 1st June. Regrettably, despite lobbying from the bishops of NSW and ACT for our churches to be treated similarly, to-date there is no indication that this will be the case. Sign the petition HERE
- WEEK OF PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY: 24 – 31 MAY: The 2020 theme, “They showed us unusual kindness” (Acts 28:2), remembers the historic shipwreck of Paul on the island of Malta and calls us to a greater generosity to those in need. Find out more HERE
- ENTRUSTING AUSTRALIA TO MARY HELP OF CHRISTIANS: the Australian Bishops entrust Australia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary under the title Our Lady Help of Christians, seeking her intercession for the safety of all our people especially in this time of COVID-19 pandemic. Find out more HERE
ARCHBISHOP PATRICK O’REGAN INSTALLED AS ARCHBISHOP OF ADELAIDE: Archbishop Patrick O’Regan was installed in a near empty St Francis Xavier’s Cathedral, Adelaide on 25 May 2020. Find out more HERE
- SUPPORT YOUR PARISH BY GIVING ONLINE: Some of your fellow parishioners are experiencing economic hardship now, and cannot give as they usually would. So, for those who can still give, this is a time for solidarity and generosity. Find out more HERE